Skip to main content

Nr. 1


Hey guys,
My name is Sindre and this is probably the 11th blog I’ve started (all with 1-3 posts before abandoned). I don’t know why the previous ten didn’t discouraged me from starting this one. Maybe I’m a slow learner or haven’t found my pace yet. Yes, let’s go with the latter. 

I am currently living with depression. ‘Suffer’ sounds like such a harsh word, although I’m not sure the description of a ‘houseguest’ give the serious condition its proper severity. No matter what semantic ride you’d go for ‘depression’ is at least what I have. And before you click away thinking this will be another blog about complaining or despairing, just remember that I sometimes bake cookies and give them away for free...ok, thank you (I’m assuming you didn’t leave, if you did you can’t read this and if you are then you’re still here!) 

I guess what I’m trying to do is to get myself to do something. I’m not in a state where I can’t visit friends or leave the house, but if there’s nothing on the schedule I am prone to lie still in bed and let the mind wander. Not just about negativity (I call the worst days ‘low days’), I spend a great deal of time thinking about how to make things better. Everything...anything. So hopefully this blog will perhaps give me an outlet for those thoughts and ideas and at the same time give me the motivation to just get up and do something. Even if no one reads this I will at least be able to categorize my ideas. They might be fruitless in themselves but can perhaps serve a personal purpose of getting better. 


I hope this post didn’t leave you with the feeling of waste, but if it did I apologize. However, if it didn’t scare you off completely and you still want to join me in this strange daily journey I’ll try my best to keep you both entertained and curious about life’s obstacles and its peculiar redeeming paths. I wish you a beautiful day and hopefully I’ll see you tomorrow. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nr. 65

Back at it again. Not sure what I have to say. The last week I’ve been having disparaging thoughts on just giving up. I don’t know what that even means. I have no wish to do anything harmful or tragic, but I don’t seem to want to continue either. This will be a part of recovery, I know. But I felt I’ve been here before and even if I get some glimmer of a good future I don’t really believe it will happen to me. All my life I’ve had some form of goal or direction, and even though I know not having any  doesn’t necessarily translate to bad, I just don’t see myself in a positive light. I’m tired of trying, pushing, fighting, being patient. I’ve got all the counter arguments against this...but I just don’t feel them anymore. 

Nr. 62

I don’t think I’ll be able to keep going each day with this blog. Which is actually very sad. When I started I felt so positive about it, but now I feel it has been consumed by negativity and depression. I don’t feel any better. I wanted this blog to be a safe haven for me, but I feel all I touch turn to ash. Depression is truly poisonous and it has altered my mind. I can’t think straight or find positivity. I’m truly struggling each day just to get out of bed. Some days I’ve not moved at all.  But on I go. The need to not hurt others is strong within me, as it is with most people suffering from depression; we know the pain a suicide will inflict. I definitely know all about it. Maybe in a morbidly poetic way my experience with death in my family is what might save me from committing suicide.  This might be the last entry for a while. I’ll return though. Hopefully more cheerful and with a deeper focus on philosophy and ideas, not just my depression.