Skip to main content

Nr. 3

I managed to go outside today. It’s been a crazy spring/summer so far in Norway with record temperatures and sunny days. I must admit my adventure was short-lived and motivated by errands I had to do before tomorrow, so not so much to brag about. 

I’m feeling strangely upbeat, yet I have no physical energy left. The last three weeks or so have been up and down. I try my best to just stay afloat and not fall into another downward spiral. It’s easy. I can feel it. However, I have promised myself to push past any obstacle or negativity. It often leaves me in a state where I feel I’m doing all of this for others. As a weird conceited favor to stay alive for those left who care about me. Be polite, be considerate. 

It’s not all dark and gloomy, I am able to laugh at myself. Although I’m not sure whether that is helping me or pulling me farther down below. 

One of the things I do find comforting is this blog. It’s only my third post but I already feel like it is helping me. I view it as my personal journal which happens to be open for anyone wishing to read. I think it is important to have something I feel I can master without pressure. So this blog will definitely not be consistent (nor will it be interesting). 

I’ll be back tomorrow. It’ll be a short post then as it will be a busy day. 


“Yes Cosette, forbid me now to die. 
I’ll obey,

I will try.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nr. 65

Back at it again. Not sure what I have to say. The last week I’ve been having disparaging thoughts on just giving up. I don’t know what that even means. I have no wish to do anything harmful or tragic, but I don’t seem to want to continue either. This will be a part of recovery, I know. But I felt I’ve been here before and even if I get some glimmer of a good future I don’t really believe it will happen to me. All my life I’ve had some form of goal or direction, and even though I know not having any  doesn’t necessarily translate to bad, I just don’t see myself in a positive light. I’m tired of trying, pushing, fighting, being patient. I’ve got all the counter arguments against this...but I just don’t feel them anymore. 

Nr. 62

I don’t think I’ll be able to keep going each day with this blog. Which is actually very sad. When I started I felt so positive about it, but now I feel it has been consumed by negativity and depression. I don’t feel any better. I wanted this blog to be a safe haven for me, but I feel all I touch turn to ash. Depression is truly poisonous and it has altered my mind. I can’t think straight or find positivity. I’m truly struggling each day just to get out of bed. Some days I’ve not moved at all.  But on I go. The need to not hurt others is strong within me, as it is with most people suffering from depression; we know the pain a suicide will inflict. I definitely know all about it. Maybe in a morbidly poetic way my experience with death in my family is what might save me from committing suicide.  This might be the last entry for a while. I’ll return though. Hopefully more cheerful and with a deeper focus on philosophy and ideas, not just my depression.