Skip to main content

Nr. 2

It can be hard differentiating a politician from a toddler when it comes to emotional reactive behavior. Or most adults in general. One of the misconceptions we have as thinking adults is that we “grow up” or “grow out of” childish tantrums and behavior. True is it that we don’t (I hope) roll around and sob if we don’t get ice-cream but we are very much controlled by our urges. And even though we don’t exasperate we tend to express ourselves, through filtered behavior, that same essence as when we were babies. 

What I am saying can be simplified by saying we have “complexified” innate primal urges by indoctrinating political correctness. The benefit is that we rarely tend to seek out violence when reaching adulthood. I’m not saying there isn’t violence anymore, but less than it used to be and less than it would’ve been without a filter. 

If you look at the political arena you will find this quite often; arguing adults who gets offended and hurls insults in the form of polite correctness, disguised as friendly banter. Seething anger behind a condescending smile or smirk. It can be quite fascinating as a separate study, but shouldn’t be a distraction for what’s really going on; profound decision being made by people who seemingly haven’t control over their true emotional motivations. It’s ok to be angry or offended, but one needs to be aware of ones own core motivation for feeling that way and then align it objectively to your agenda. Is it biased or am I right in reacting angrily? And does anger serve a purpose or can it be dealt with more beneficially by rerouting your anger to intellect? Questions any moral person should be able to ask themselves when faced with high emotional behavior, but especially if you are a person in power. 


What is your take on emotional behavior? Do you find it helpful? Are you aware or would you like to be able to control it more perhaps? I would love to hear your take on it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nr. 65

Back at it again. Not sure what I have to say. The last week I’ve been having disparaging thoughts on just giving up. I don’t know what that even means. I have no wish to do anything harmful or tragic, but I don’t seem to want to continue either. This will be a part of recovery, I know. But I felt I’ve been here before and even if I get some glimmer of a good future I don’t really believe it will happen to me. All my life I’ve had some form of goal or direction, and even though I know not having any  doesn’t necessarily translate to bad, I just don’t see myself in a positive light. I’m tired of trying, pushing, fighting, being patient. I’ve got all the counter arguments against this...but I just don’t feel them anymore. 

Nr. 62

I don’t think I’ll be able to keep going each day with this blog. Which is actually very sad. When I started I felt so positive about it, but now I feel it has been consumed by negativity and depression. I don’t feel any better. I wanted this blog to be a safe haven for me, but I feel all I touch turn to ash. Depression is truly poisonous and it has altered my mind. I can’t think straight or find positivity. I’m truly struggling each day just to get out of bed. Some days I’ve not moved at all.  But on I go. The need to not hurt others is strong within me, as it is with most people suffering from depression; we know the pain a suicide will inflict. I definitely know all about it. Maybe in a morbidly poetic way my experience with death in my family is what might save me from committing suicide.  This might be the last entry for a while. I’ll return though. Hopefully more cheerful and with a deeper focus on philosophy and ideas, not just my depression.