Skip to main content

Nr. 17

Summer and spring so far has been filled with sunny days and temperatures resembling those more suited for tropical places. I’m leaving the lake cabin today to go back home, and as much as I enjoy to amuse over life’s irony, I couldn’t help feeling a little stung by today’s heavy rain. Especially since I’m taking the bus home which means walking for 30min to the stop with no umbrella! 

I didn’t sleep last night, but I am surprisingly upbeat and awake still. I might crash out early tonight though which may reset my inner clock. The reason was quite simply that I missed my mother and sister. It wasn’t depression or a low, “just” good old fashioned grief. But it was enough to make me slightly tip into the side of me that strongly wants to distance myself from people in fear of losing them. However, this is perhaps a subject I’ll take on another day. 


Ok, feet...let’s go outside and embrace that rain with a smile. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nr. 65

Back at it again. Not sure what I have to say. The last week I’ve been having disparaging thoughts on just giving up. I don’t know what that even means. I have no wish to do anything harmful or tragic, but I don’t seem to want to continue either. This will be a part of recovery, I know. But I felt I’ve been here before and even if I get some glimmer of a good future I don’t really believe it will happen to me. All my life I’ve had some form of goal or direction, and even though I know not having any  doesn’t necessarily translate to bad, I just don’t see myself in a positive light. I’m tired of trying, pushing, fighting, being patient. I’ve got all the counter arguments against this...but I just don’t feel them anymore. 

Nr. 62

I don’t think I’ll be able to keep going each day with this blog. Which is actually very sad. When I started I felt so positive about it, but now I feel it has been consumed by negativity and depression. I don’t feel any better. I wanted this blog to be a safe haven for me, but I feel all I touch turn to ash. Depression is truly poisonous and it has altered my mind. I can’t think straight or find positivity. I’m truly struggling each day just to get out of bed. Some days I’ve not moved at all.  But on I go. The need to not hurt others is strong within me, as it is with most people suffering from depression; we know the pain a suicide will inflict. I definitely know all about it. Maybe in a morbidly poetic way my experience with death in my family is what might save me from committing suicide.  This might be the last entry for a while. I’ll return though. Hopefully more cheerful and with a deeper focus on philosophy and ideas, not just my depression.