Skip to main content

Nr. 33

Still going through ‘A History of Western Philosophy’. With 800 pages and a rampant 2x speed on Scribd I feel my mind is about to explode. It’s like injecting 200 different ideas with contradictions and oppositions all at once. I might have been a bit too ambitious in trying to swallow this mammoth in just 4 days. I might need to double that just in order to comprehend what Bertrand Russell is arguing. 

So far it is (despite my introductory whining) actually a good “easy” read. It does portray a certain bias and selective content, however I do feel that’s his prerogative as the author and an esteemed philosopher. 
———————
I didn’t sleep until 9am this morning and I haven’t yet eaten today. I don’t feel particularly hungry either, but my stomach seems to disagree with me. 

I am still dealing with my depression, but I have decided to tone down talking about it both publicly and privately. I think I should deal with this in silence and with my psychiatrist. I think it actually makes things worse to worry people. I’m not sad about keeping it to myself though, it is perhaps a natural evolving thing. On the brighter side of it I haven’t felt suicidal at all lately. Maybe this blog is helping in some way? It’s slowly starting to ease into a place I feel I can hold it in check if I don’t move or stir it. This is not a sustainable approach, but it does buy me time until I can sort this out with my psychiatrist. 

There, that’s the last and the end of it. I promise 😅 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nr. 60

Next month I’m attending a wedding. I’ve been so busy thinking about practical things (like finding a suit to wear and what to bring as it is for a weekend getaway) that I didn’t realize until now that I actually need to socialize. Meaning talk about my current situation. I’m officially on sick leave due to depression which isn’t really the most festive conversation starter at a wedding (or any event really). As much as I really want to celebrate my friends getting married, I simultaneously feel stressed as to have I’m gonna phrase this. I know there are people out there with far greater difficulties than me, even within my friend circle probably, which makes me even more frustrated about my worry. I’m positive I will get through it of course. I even know despite my definite self torment of reviewing my ‘performance’ I will get by.  But I still feel slightly anxious about it. I used to be ok attending events with strangers when I could smalltalk about my work and then swiftly...

Nr. 62

I don’t think I’ll be able to keep going each day with this blog. Which is actually very sad. When I started I felt so positive about it, but now I feel it has been consumed by negativity and depression. I don’t feel any better. I wanted this blog to be a safe haven for me, but I feel all I touch turn to ash. Depression is truly poisonous and it has altered my mind. I can’t think straight or find positivity. I’m truly struggling each day just to get out of bed. Some days I’ve not moved at all.  But on I go. The need to not hurt others is strong within me, as it is with most people suffering from depression; we know the pain a suicide will inflict. I definitely know all about it. Maybe in a morbidly poetic way my experience with death in my family is what might save me from committing suicide.  This might be the last entry for a while. I’ll return though. Hopefully more cheerful and with a deeper focus on philosophy and ideas, not just my depression.